The GOpure Pod is a "tiny water purification giant" measuring a mere 1 ½" in length. It's made of completely natural, food-grade diatomaceous earth, nature’s 20 Million-Year-Old, perfect natural filter. Diatomaceous earth is a positively charged material, that acts as a magnet to attract and neutralize contaminants present in tap water.
The Pod’s advanced ceramic has a doubly porous structure, creating an enormous exposed filtering surface area, equivalent to six football fields:
- Simply drop your GOure Pod it into any vessel from a water bottle to a coffee maker
- Fill your vessel with tap water and the Pod’s millions of microscopic pores go to work
- By physical movement, convection currents and Brownian motion, the water remains in ongoing contact with the core of the Pod
- The Pod attracts and absorbs impurities like lead, chromium, arsenic, copper, mercury, chlorine, and fluoride, while continuously eliminating other bad things too (like bad taste)
- While the Pod has been proven to remove E.coli and other dangerous bacteria, it is not recommended as the sole source for purification of backcountry water (lakes, streams, etc.).
- The Pod should be used with potable tap water only.
The GOpure Pod purifies continuously for up to six months:
- It purifies, protects, and preserves up to 264 gallons of water (the equivalent of 2,000 refills of a standard size reusable water bottle).
- The Pod is not simply purifying your tap water, it’s also helping to save our planet from plastic waste.
You ask, “What is Diatomaceous Earth?”:
- Food-grade diatomaceous earth, also called diatomite, is a mineral of biogenic origin formed from an enormous number of microscopic silica structures made by living diatoms — single-cell micro-organisms at the base of the food chain.
- When diatoms die, they leave tiny silica shells that sink to a lake floor.
- During the late Tertiary Period (~5-20 million years ago), massive deposits of diatoms were formed in the freshwater lakes, which covered much of what is now Nevada and eastern Oregon.
- It’s from this mined diatomite that the GOpure Pod ceramic technology is made.
How do I use my GOpure Pod?
- A simple little cleansing ritual is all that’s required for the first use of every Pod.
- Step 1: Rinse the Pod under cold water for 10 seconds.
- Step 2: Clean your bottle or water container thoroughly before filling with water and using your Pod for thefirst time.
- Step 3: Repeat every two weeks for optimal performance.
- Yep, preparation and maintenance of your Pod and your bottle is that simple.
- A silver element within the Pod helps maintain the hygiene of the ceramic over the course of its usage.
How long does it take to purify my water?
- Within the first two minutes of dropping your Pod into your bottle or container,your water becomes fresh tasting and ready to drink.
- The Pod will continuously purify your water, including every time you refill it.
- Now you might be wondering - do I still need to wait up to two minutes on refills? Yeppers.
What else can my Pod do?
- Equally effective in cold or hot water
- Safe to use with infused water, tea and other beverages
- Optimizes pH to 7.4, perfect balance for human health
- Can be used in larger containers by adding Pods – 1x Pod per 3x liters
- Keeps your bottle, container, hydration pack, and more, clean from slime and stinkiness too!